I. Information We Collect On the Site and How We Use It
You can visit our Web Site and learn about the services we provide without providing personal information. You do need to provide personal information, however, to sell, bid on or purchase items, and to participate in interactive portions of the Site. Certain non-personally identifiable information, such as IP address, is collected automatically from every Site visitor, even if not voluntarily provided, as discussed further below.
We collect and use personal information in the specific ways listed below, and generally to improve our services to you, as well as to meet our legal obligations. We also use personal information you provide for other purposes consistent with the reason you provide such information to us.
1.Registration and Site Activity Information. Our Site’s registration process requires users to provide us valid and accurate contact information and valid credit card information at the time of registration. The card is verified by authorizing a small amount through the credit card processing networks.
We collect certain information submitted during transactions on the Site based on your activities, including bidding, buying and selling, as well as shipping and billing information, and other information you provide in connection with buying or shipping an item. We may also collect certain personal information that you provide through correspondence or dispute resolution.
Registration Information, Site Activity Information and other personal information that you provide may be used in the following ways:
For fraud protection at the time of registration;
To send you transaction-related notifications about transactions you carry out on the Site;
If and when you bid on an item, to share your name, address, telephone number, email address and bid information with the seller to facilitate the transaction;
If and when you list an item for sale, to share your contact information, including name, address, email address, telephone number and item detail, with bidders to facilitate the transaction;
To perform our billing, administration and collections functions (and to contact you when necessary about these functions);
To report information about your account, including late payments, missed payments or other delinquencies or defaults on your accounts, to credit reporting bureaus;
To better understand your interests and for other marketing-related initiatives;
To communicate with you and carry out actions requested by you (such as subscriptions to newsletters), including promotional messages (some of which may be related to your transactions on the Site); and
When facilitating the investigation of fraud or illegal activity, to share information with law enforcement or other governmental agencies or authorized third parties when requested pursuant to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose you, us or another Site user to legal liability.
2. Financial Information. If you list items on the Site, we collect financial information including bank account and/or credit card number, expiration date, card security code and billing address. Financial information is used to bill you for transactions you carry out on the Site and to collect on fees and debts incurred through the use of the Site. If your account is past due and collection must be pursued, your contact and financial information may be shared with collection agents and/or credit reporting agencies. We share financial information with non-affiliated third parties to facilitate the completion of transactions on the Site as specified above, to respond to subpoenas, for other legal compliance purposes, and for billing and collections.
3. Contests and Surveys. If you decide to enter contests or surveys featured from time to time on the Site, you may be asked for personal information in addition to your Registration Information. This information is used in order to administer the contest or survey (for example, to contact the winner) or as otherwise disclosed on the Site at the time we collect the information.
4. Information Requests. We may ask you to provide personal information in order to allow us to respond to your requests for information or other requests made over the Site.
5. Social Media. We may collect your user name and other information you transmit to us over social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter when you interact with SilencerBroker.com’s specific page or social media account. We use the information you provide on social media to respond to your requests or questions, to improve our services, and for other purposes as disclosed at the time of the interaction.
6. Emails from SilencerBroker.com. Most email messages generated by the Site result directly from the user’s actions (such as registration information, confirmation of placing a bid, confirmation of listing an item, or the user’s choice to subscribe to certain communications), or as necessary to inform you of changes to the Site or events related to the Site, or changes to the Site rules or policies. Other e-mail messages may result from marketing initiatives on the Site; however, users may opt-out of receiving marketing messages by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the email.
7. Non-personal information. We automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Site. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Site. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information, and to track usage patterns in the Site. We also may collect geo-location information, device identification number and type, computer and connection information, statistics about page views and standard web log information. We do not correlate this information with data about individual users.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept cookies by configuring your preferences option within your web browser. To disable this function in your web browser, choose the “help” menu and follow the instructions for deleting cookies and preventing your browser from downloading additional cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you can still browse our Site, but you may be unable to post on the Site or use the Site as a buyer or seller, or otherwise to access certain aspects of the services available on the Site. We do not store personal or confidential information in cookies.
8. General Uses. In addition to the foregoing, we will use your personal information as specifically described on the Site at the time of collection. We may also use your information internally to customize your experience with our company and our Site (for example, adapting the Site to your browser), to help us develop new products and services, to verify your identity, to collect debts or fees owed to us, or to investigate or settle inquiries or disputes, and for other legally required or permissible purposes.
9. Website Analytics. In addition, we have contracted with a number of third party analytics providers to better help us operate the Site, report Site traffic, statistics and other activities on the Site, specifically including the success of advertising campaigns conducted on the Site, By placing cookies on your computer, these services collect information such as how often you visit the Sites, what pages you visit or what banners you “click through,” and the site you were visiting prior to coming to the Site during your visit.
II. How We Share Your Information
We do not sell or rent your personal information collected on the Site to non-affiliated third parties. We will not share your personal information collected on the Site with third parties without your permission, except as necessary or appropriate to (i) carry out the transaction, activity or request made by you on the Site or otherwise, (ii) comply with any applicable law, court order or other judicial process, or (iii) enforce or apply agreements with you, or protect the rights, property or safety of us, our affiliates or third parties, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
III. Communications From the Site and Your Choices
1. Email Messages from Us. The Site sends three types of email communications: (1) notifications related to activities such as purchases on the Site, (2) ‘Saved Search’ notifications, and (3) promotional email messages, which may include newsletters or other subscription-based communications, follow-on messages with respect to your activities on the Site, or other marketing from us about our products and services, or those of our affiliates or trusted partners. Please see the descriptions below with respect to your choices for each.
(1) Bids or Purchases on the Site. Notifications related to activity on the Site are generated as a result or registering as a user of the Site, bidding on or purchasing items, or listing items for sale. These notifications can include bid confirmations, winning bidder notices, item listing confirmations, item sold notifications, monthly statements, billing messages, and other notifications related to activity on the Site. You cannot opt out of receiving notifications related to transaction activity on the Site ; however, if you do not bid nor list items and your account balance is zero you will not receive any such notifications from the Site.
If you are a registered buyer or seller on the Site we may send you certain notices, such as notices of a substantial change in the policies and/or operation of the Site. These notices are sent infrequently and cannot be opted out of other than by closing your account with us.
(2) Saved Search. Saved Search notifications are generated at your request to inform you when items matching certain search criteria have been listed on the Site.
(3) Promotional Messages. SilencerBroker.com may send a variety of promotional messages, but you are free to opt out of these at any time.
2. Cookies and Third Party Tracking. We contract with third party service providers and advertising companies who provide us information on the use of the Sites by visitors and the success of our advertising campaigns. As described in those sections, you may visit certain designated Web sites in order to opt out of tracking of your activities on the Sites and other Web sites.
IV. Children’s Privacy
The Site is not intended for or directed to persons less than 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children, and we do not knowingly market our services to children. If you are under 18 years of age, do not use the Site.
V. For Persons Outside the United States
The Site has reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. When you submit sensitive information via our Sites, such as credit card information, that information is subject to secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information during transmission, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your account password), logout of your account after use, and close your web browser. If you do share your password or personal information with anyone, you are responsible for all actions taken in your account’s name. If you lose control of your password, you may lose considerable control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Because of this, if the security of your password has been compromised in any way, you are responsible for immediately notifying us and for changing your password.
You can review your personal information by logging into our Site, and you should act to update it promptly upon changes in your personal information or to correct any errors in it. You might not be able to alter or delete a public posting once you make it. At your request, we will close your account and make your personal information not publicly viewable as soon as reasonably possible, in accordance with applicable law.
California Do Not Track Disclosures. At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating “Do Not Track” signals. Thus, the Site is unable to respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Please refer to the instructions in your browser in order to determine the appropriate settings in order to signal your preferences in this regard, but be aware that all of the functionality of the Site may not be available to you if your settings block tracking cookies placed by us or by third parties.
X. Contacting Us
If you have any concern about the privacy practices of the Site, please contact us with a detailed description, and we will try to resolve it.